Clownfish mating video

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
so that orange 'glob' area is the eggs? neat!

and no, you're not a perv. a perv would sit there and make some, erm, 'bad' noises while chuckling gleefully. you shared with us, so you're not a perv, just a voyeur. hahahaha!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, in the first part of the video if you look carefully at the bigger clown on the bottom of her about 1/2 way you see a white tube coming down. This is where the orange eggs come out. She moves over and area and lays them and then dad comes along and does his part at the end.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
That's awesome, Ace. Fantastic video!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
man id love to walk into my picassos doing that .. lucky

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Mine are laying eggs about every 14 days now for the past few months.. takes about 10 days to hatch and then they go at it with another batch. One of these days I am going to get a phyto and roti culture going and catch some of the babies and try raising them.. so far I haven't even see them hatch yet. They hatch sometime overnight.. I waited several times for up to 30 minutes after lights off thinking they would hatch around then but I haven't seen it yet, but all the eggs are always gone overnight when they do hatch. I can see clown eyeballs in the egg sacks when they are about to hatch so I know if I try I can get some live ones.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Caught them doing it again tonight... walked by and noticed they were frisky so I got the event from the start.

Cleaning the rocks
[YT]qvQsS02nPa8[/YT]

Laying the first eggs
[YT]WhQlTMzls-E[/YT]

and on and on it goes.... after 30 minutes and 20 1 minute videos (all my camera can take at a time) I had enough watching.
[YT]6wXZod5miAM[/YT]

[YT]dazQ0g5lXaQ[/YT]

[YT]KHGxEvjr-4Q[/YT]

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Oh ya.. and my anemones spawned last night.. first time I have seen that happen.. I thought one split and got into a powerhead because the tank was so cloudy, but then I saw what looked like egg sacks coming out of the mouth of one of my anemones.. it was clear and bubble looking and stuck together. So I had to do a 75% water change and replace my carbon because I was worried about how bad it made the tank look.. then today this. For being such a simple 29G tank I am sure seeing a lot more "nature channel" type stuff in it than I ever say in my 75G.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store