BBA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
So, it seems like I am getting some BBA in my tank. I have the CO2 diffuser right below the intank to the filter. The BBA is growing on the OUTLET from the filter and on the side of the intake that the CO2 seems to hit more squarely (it is not EXACTLY underneath the intake). So, should I crank up my CO2, crank it down, what?
It is running below green on the indicator.

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
I recently had a pretty bad BBA outbreak, almost took out all my flame moss, so I went from 1-2 bps to 2-3 bps and slowly but surely the BBA has started to go away. So I would give it a try, just be careful not to turn it up too much. Just my 2 cents.

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
what do you mean you drop checker is just below green? do you mean that it is blue? Usually BBA comes from inconsistent levels of co2. I would also move your drop checker to another part of the tank and make sure you get the same reading. If you don't then you will probably need to up the flow in your tank.

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
LIME green is what I think he is speaking of.

Mine is lime green, which means a high lever of Co2
I thought djDrz ran his co2 levels low because he didn't want a huge amount of growth if my memory serves me right. However, today my memory seems to be in one of those forgetful stages.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Hallo,
What are "BBA's"
Please tell me about your C0-2 indicator devices (brand..) AND
the type of reactor fluids to add.
I had been using the Dupla reactor and need to find an American indicator fluid replacement.
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store