Update: 72 gal bowfront, then and now

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

katana1200

Unhealthy obsession?
I thought it would be fun to post a then and now of my craigslist 72 gallon bow front build. Then was June 2nd, 2009. Now, is well.....now, like 5 minutes ago. What a difference a year and a half makes!

Just a few specs to fill in anyone who doesn't want to go digging for the original thread.

Tank: 72 gallon bow front purchased from craigslist for $200 with light and stand, if I recall correctly.

Heater: Visitherm Stealth 250 watt

Filtration: Sunsun 304A canister (the larger version, rated for 250 gallons. Seems not to be available anymore.)

Substrate: Miracle Grow Organic Potting soil 1" capped with regular play sand from home improvement store.

Lights: 2x 48" 40watt fluorescent bulbs. 5000K if i recall correctly.

Plants: Crypt Lutea, Anubis Lanceolata, African water fern, aponogeton crispus, java fern, amazon sword grandfolius, crypt florida sunset, guppy grass, and a piece of lettuce for the snails to snack on.

Fish: 4x Harliquin Rasbora, 6x Zebra Danio, 4x Orange fin Danio (Danio kyathit), 4x black Kuhli Loach, 4x Panda Corie, 3x Long finned blue eyed albino bristle nose plecostomus (thank you Pinkertd), 1x Bumble Bee Gobie.

Snails: Too many to count, ramshorns and several briggs.

Shrimp: 4x amano shrimp

Lights are on apx. 10 hours a day. Tank is located next to two large windows, shades also cracked or open most days. Water change is usually once every two to three weeks. Feeding schedule is 5 on two off, usually. It's never set in stone. Seems to be doing pretty well by my standards. Please let me know what you think of my aquascape. It's a bit cluttered but I sorta dig the "wild" look. Thanks for looking and your comments.

Then:

then.jpg

Now:

now.jpg

then.jpg now.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice looking!