Any Hope?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

benzjamin13

AC Members
Jul 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I got this Anubias Nana Petite a little over a week ago. It wasn't in great shape, but it got worst. Basically all the leaves were melting. I took it out to see if I can trim the leaves and see if it was salvageable, but the leaves were so far gone that I just rubbed the plant and all the leaves came off. Do you think it'll grow again?

DSCN5246.JPG DSCN5250.JPG

Fyurae

AC Members
Nov 24, 2010
Skagit Valley, WA
www.fyurae.com
anytime I get plants the current leaves melt. Either because I collect them wild, and my tank temp is warmer, or because I get them from Kaosu and some parameter is different between our tanks. They have all come back however, even though all the leaves melt. I even have some frogbit coming back it looks like, after having vanished for over a week.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i would think if it is rooted in the gravel it may have a better chance of coming back than if it was just sitting on the substrate.

just be sure to get all the rotted parts off. i've found if i don't remove all the dead parts the plant never does come back for me.

Bk, good point on the soft factor.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yup, if the rhizome has not gone mushy just keep it above the substrate and remove anything dead or dying so the plant can focus on new growth instead of trying to save un-savable dead portions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store