fishing sinkers?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mmorton219

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
louisville,ky
Real Name
matt
ive used this method for several years and never had a problem with the lead content. i mean you might not want to use pounds of them but ive found that a few never hurt anything

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I thought those strips were lead free? I know they sell non-lead fishing wieghts. I think they are tungsten but I am not positive.

oscardelahoya

on my way
Sep 30, 2010
central ohio
Alright thanks guys, I know weird to keep fish as a hobby and fish for a hobby but I have plenty of fishing line and weights around so I figured itd be best

oscardelahoya

on my way
Sep 30, 2010
central ohio
weight worked out exactly as planned. sank right to the bottom with only one weight. i buried the roots in the substrate and will be setting up co2 here shortly. thanks for all the help. i did tie the line around the middle of the bulb in between the growth and the roots, will i need to remove that at any time?

spypet

AC Members
Jan 12, 2011
NY, 11375
you can just use stainless steel nuts for small to medium sized plants.

there are also zinc coated fishing sinkers which won't leech any lead.

it's best to use cotton thread that will eventually biodegrade as the plant grows.
if you use fishing line, it will cut the root system as it eventually tries to expand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store