White Spot on Cardinal Tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mpertz

Registered Member
Jan 17, 2011
I have 6 Cardinal Tetra's in my 20 gallon community tank. Have had them for about 3 or 4 months without any issues. The tank is fully established and has been running for about 5 months now. I water change 25% of the water every week. Today I came home and noticed a white spot on 1 of the 6 Tetra's and I'm not too sure what it is. I have a pictured attached if anyone can please help to identify this and what I should do.

Thank you.

photo.jpg

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
Possibly columnaris. The spot looks too big to me to be ich. But I am not sure exactly.

Was anything new added to the tank recently (specifically fish, invert, plants, or anything else that could transfer disease or water containing a disease)?

mpertz

Registered Member
Jan 17, 2011
Possibly columnaris. The spot looks too big to me to be ich. But I am not sure exactly.

Was anything new added to the tank recently (specifically fish, invert, plants, or anything else that could transfer disease or water containing a disease)?
No, Not really. The only thing different I did was fed my pleco a piece of zucchini, which I left in the tank for about 12 hours. I've noticed a few other things that are a bit strange over the weekend.The water slightly white clouded and there is a small bubble foam patch on the top of the aquarium. I tested the water and no ammonia, nitrate and nitrites seem fine. PH is about 6.3. I have Co2 in my aquarium, so PH is a little lower than usual.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store