Photos of my Planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

immune

AC Members
Nov 9, 2010
hello this is my 55. It houses a senegal bichir. Plants are anubias, java fern, hygro kompact, and a tiger lily.

Hope you enjoy!

Picture 147.jpg

immune

AC Members
Nov 9, 2010
Thank you very much. This tank is still a work in progress. I plan to paint the background black to make the plant pop out a bit more (also hoping that the HOB intake will blend a bit)

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
very nice setup! but why is your hob intake so close to the water's surface? i'd move it down/extend it so that it is at least halfway to the substrate.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
it's a Marineland Penguin hob? you should be able to order an extender tube for the intake. most Penguin hobs i see have the strainer on the bottom, then a long rectangular tube (i'd guesstimate 8ish inches by looking at mine), then a short piece with a triangle shaped piece over it that can be opened or closed for mid-water filtering, then the tube that goes up and angles 180 degrees into the filter.

immune

AC Members
Nov 9, 2010
it's a Marineland Penguin hob? you should be able to order an extender tube for the intake. most Penguin hobs i see have the strainer on the bottom, then a long rectangular tube (i'd guesstimate 8ish inches by looking at mine), then a short piece with a triangle shaped piece over it that can be opened or closed for mid-water filtering, then the tube that goes up and angles 180 degrees into the filter.
It's an aqua tech 30 60. I bought it off of CL and am currently working on a DIY canister. THis photo was taken about a week ago since my lily has reached to the top of the water but is struggling due to surface agitation.

I am also trucking along right now with standard aquarium bulb due to my bichirs distaste for bright light. I plan to switch to my 6700K coralife compact florescent lights in once the lily sends out a few more pads.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
I am also trucking along right now with standard aquarium bulb due to my bichirs distaste for bright light. I plan to switch to my 6700K coralife compact florescent lights in once the lily sends out a few more pads.
that'll look really nice once the lily gets going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store