Ok, another light question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
What would be considered high lighting over a 75g. I really think I'll go pressurized co2 in 2-3 months. My current light setup when it comes in this week will be a 2x54w T5HO setup that will be mounted on legs over the tank. I'll assume the lights will be 3-4" above the water.

Just trying to see if I need to save up to get another set of lights.

I did order a plant package, and it'll have various Vals and Swords along with Cabomba, Ludwiga, Foxtail and whatever else I can find local.

I will be dosing with Macro Micro Nutrient Mix from aquariumfertilizer.com and using RootMedic caps (since I'm using blast sand for my substrate).

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
yeah i agree that's medium light. If i can make a suggestion i would stick with this light for now get your tank settled, add co2, maybe start to dose some fertz, create that great equilibrium. If later you're still not happy with the light then you can add more. IMO medium light with co2 is more than enough light to grow pretty much any plant you can think of. The better your co2 is the lower the light you can get away with.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
IMO medium light with co2 is more than enough light to grow pretty much any plant you can think of. The better your co2 is the lower the light you can get away with.
:iagree:

Lighting requirements tend to be vastly overstated when CO2 and fertilizers come into play. Hell for a lot of plants it is overstated with just the light alone.

Plus, consider that 24" is about the cutoff where we stop automatically calling T5HO's 'high' lighting. While 26-28" is considered 'medium' it isn't all that far off of 'high' lighting to really worry about.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Cool deal. No new lights. I'll have my tank fully planted by end of the month and will be waiting and seeing how everything is with ferts, root tabs and I'll be using some Excel. I know there could be issues with the Vals. :(

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
yeah... that's real high light at the top... but at substrate level sounds like low to med to me.

could always check hoppy's chart over at apc for a better idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store