Red Tiger Motaguense

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok so awhile back I bought a small pair of RTM's. Well it quickly became a solo male since he killed the female. Well I decided to put him with my Oscar and after a lil chasing from my Oscar they decided to be buddys. Well I decided to take the RTM out so the Oscar couold have more space so I put it with my Loisellei's and Jack Dempsey's. After a day or two of chasing they decided to give up since he is just way to fast to catch.

Well Ive had my 2 remaining Giant Danios in there for a couple months now and other then the ocassional attempt by the male loisellei they were pretty much left alone. Well I turned my lights on about an hour ago to discover Ive had another fish loss. Giant Danios were to fast for the JD's and Loisellei's but not fast enough for my RTM. The poor guy was dead all beat up on the filter intake tube. I checked the last remaining GD and he is showing some damage.

Could say this much this RTM is proving to be more bold then my loisellei's ever were. Kind of reminds me of the Managuense I use to own. Ill try to take pics later on today.

Jack D

AC Members
Jan 6, 2011
**** dude well that sucks. I had a marble sailfin pleco that got beat up by my JD. I had to give the pleco away to my neighbor. Sucks cause I spent $30 on it and only had it a week :|

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well I got a breeding pair of Jack Dempsey's and a bonded pair of Parachromis loisellei's in a 135 gallon aquarium. The Red Tiger is just way faster and loves to hunt.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Sounds like he might need his own tank, or a mate that's equally aggressive and fast. Where are those pics!!!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Opps

Last edited:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I lost my memory card thats why I havent taken pics. I got to buy one or find mine. Got to look for mine maybe it fell behind my bed.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Ah sorry mate. You just lost a billion words bro... Lol pictures worth a thousand words

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nah I know those pictures got loaded to my computer the memory card was empty but now I cant take more pictures. I got the memory card out of my PSP and took a few pics of my oscar but my computer is refusing to recognize it. Maybe a restart will change its mind.

My RTM will need his own tank when he is bigger but not yet he only goes after the Giant Danio which were placed in there strictly as dither fish.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
The one thing I like about RTM is the absolute stunning colors the female gets. I'm thinking about getting a pair soon and keeping them divided, of course they'd have to be wild caught ones ;) I just love how red the females get it's unbelievable

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Im thinking of doing 75gal tanks divided for each of my respective Parachromis species. There not messy fish so no worries bout over pollution specially with how much I over filter all my tanks. Also WC's arent an issue for me either lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store