help!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crash420

AC Members
Jan 18, 2011
i have 2 tanks 1 fwp 1 reef i have lots of qestons and now one to help.my lfs guys just want to sell me suff i dont need and give bad advice.i am on a tite buget so i diy alot i love to learn so i dont mind.tank 1 plantedfw 40g breeder 36/18/16.lights 4,48" floresents 3 are f40t12 ge plant/aqua and one daylite from petstore not sure what rating.it was on sale.filtration rapids 3 pro wet/dry.media just floss bioballs an cramic rings.was useing carbon but i think it removes to much havent had a problum yet.fish 3 angles one sailfin pletco and a fiddler crab.i have about 5 to7 difernt plants and a few clones i like to say its moderitly planted.plants were doing awsome then i tryed to buffer my water for my angles[was a comunity with one angle] and i killed my plants thanks seachem nutrul buffer wich is NOT PLANT SAFE!!!!could not figer out why plants were dieing .then i moved so i did a 100% water change well 96% or watever my new water is goodwater.my plants are comming back but verey slowly and color of the westirea is lite lite green i have no fetz and no co2 right now since the move its been over 4 weeks now and i dont now what to do?i am thiking of useing a fluval 404 insted becuse i just have one lieing around[could use sumppump for reef tank] and i have been reading about co2 loss and i think maybe i have to much filtration the plants need some nitrite,nitrate,amonia,exe.maybe?or not IDK!!!fert not to fert co2 no co2 carbon. bioballs i just dont know. anyone help.ihave more specs. please help!!! my selling sucks sorry ...It is not necesssary to understand things in order to argue about them.

prober

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
eastern Washington (the state)
Real Name
Jeff
I have never heard that neutral buffer was not plant safe, where did you hear that? If your plants are starting to come back then keep doing what you are doing.

Co2 is always a plus, but not absolutely necesary. I would add it before I changed anything else though. Proper ferts will help but you don't want to overdo it. Maybe just some Jobes fern spikes.

Many plants do not tolerate moving or shipping well so it could just have stunted them, and 4 weeks is barely enough time for them to get acclimated again so just keep your eye on them.

Too much filtration is not a problem, but the more surface movement you have the more co2 will be degassed, although since you are not adding any co2 there is nothing to de-gas.

crash420

AC Members
Jan 18, 2011
thanks.i have learnd that alot of buffers kill micronutrents.and a few ordering mags say not plant safe.thats the only reason i could think they died in the first place.was useing flouresh exell flouresh and flouresh iron.and sum of my own potassum mix.was woking good.then dead 6 days after buffer.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Please try to space-out your sentences. This old lady has old eyes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store