Anyone else have eels?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Salt is fun, but I don't have the cash to have one :(. I can't see the Ribbon very well, but the Zebra looks very beautiful from what I can tell! Eels and knives are my favorite, but so far I have found very few people who share the same interest as far as fresh/brackish water goes...

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
i have a 5-6" peacock eel. real slow grower. lots of attitude. when i put the half thawed blood worm cube in the tank he trys to take it away from me. when i first brought him home he'd bury himself in the sand. he now knows nobody in the tank will eat him so he doesnt bother to bury anymore.

i saw the smallest tiretrack i'd ever seen at the lfs yesterday. maybe 2.5" long and as thick as 2 toothpicks for $4.99. i think my peacock eel would eat him. and if he didnt eat him, the tiretrack would get too big for my 20g long tank.

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
I got a new eel today, pretty cool lookin'. But, they only had his scientific name, which I hardly remember. He is long, and slender. Not like the Peacock, Tire Track, or Zig Zag. He has the same features as far as fin and head structure. Hopefully I can find him online, 'cause AC doesn't have him listed...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store