They aren't cichlids but they are from the lake!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Just got my new additions tonight, S. petricola. I think they are actually S. lucipinnis because even at only 1.25' I can see the "window" in the anal fin but honestly what difference does it make? :) I will love them just the same! Best part is I was able to purchase them with a gift card so in my mind they were free! :dance:

Only these couple pics for now. Tomorrow when they are settled in I will get some more...if they let me. You can see the branching on the inner barbels on the one in the group photo. The tank is just their QT, it is simple but effective. They will be going into my proposed L.caeruleus "white" tank.

Click the pictures for mega view!

100_4778.JPG 100_4781.JPG

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
they are such cuties! free is good :) and that is quite the qt palace you have for them, lucky fish!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks, I am surprised at how cute they really are, much cuter in person than in a picture. I peeked in on them this morning and they seem to be doing well, exploring still.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
They look like S. Petricola, I have 4 of them. They are fun to watch, mine seem to come out more at night and play together. Love the tank you're putting them in,looks great:)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yeah, they are very active. They go outta the caves, dart back in, come right back out , swim around a rock, dart back in, come back out and do it again. :) I love the way they wiggle!

If they eat well I will get some pictures or a video.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I got mine from an AC member, the first week or so they hid in the cave or under wood. Now they like to swim nose to tail and follow each other around the tank, they are very fast. I haven't been able to get a good picture of them yet.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Lucky....watch out I might come steal them from ya lol. My lfs sells most synos, even eupterus, for $12+ at like 1.5".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store