why cant I find...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kris_66

AC Members
Nov 21, 2010
Moreno Valley, California
Real Name
Kristina
any LFS that sells Cryptocoryne Balansae? :( Been to 7 different stores (not Petco or Petsmart, they dont stock them anyway), and no one has that plant. I really like that too :(

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm lucky if I even find a crypt in any of my LFS.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Hello all you ever-searching-aqua-plant-lovers,
I am under the impression that the only person who can create/plant up a tank at the spur of the moment to its full potential is Mr. Takashi Amano. He seems to have plants and selections on hand by the ton.

We, on the other hand, seldom find plants we can use in the stores. It bothers me when I see plants which are growing above water out in nature, BUT in the stores they are offered as aquatic plants.

With facing this problem it takes us longer to create an landscape.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Mgamer20o0,
If we would not belong to aquarium clubs we would not find plants readily in the every day pet shop. Where do you find the goodies, I ask?

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
clubs like you pointed out are a great place also the forums. the thing is plants still really is a niche section of the hobby. there are some great lfs with tons of plants and there some with little to none. just like you cant judge a whole chain store by one place cant judge all lfs the same. i buy from growers other hobbyist and grow my own plants for my store. i try to find the best prices on the stuff i get so i can pass along the savings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store