Got my plants.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Pretty nice. I kinda just planted everything just to get it in there and healthy and to build up plants. After everything grows and gets healthy. I know nothing about aquascaping. I was thinking about doing the high plants on either side with smaller plants going to the middle.

I have

Corkscrew Val
Jungle Val
Contortion Vals
medium Amazon Sword
Large Red Rubin Swords
Anacharis
Cabomba
Narrow-leaf Ludwigia
Medium Ruffle Swords
potted tennellus Chain Swords

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
I will later on. I'm going to wait till they get a little better looking. I ordered my wood, but I'll still have to soak it when it get's here. And I'm still trying to work out how I want it to look in general.

Was thinking of something like that.. I only have 2 swords, so I might move the crypts to the sword area and place one sword to hide the filter intake and put the other around my vals. I'l like to get some foxtail and maybe another type of leaf plant.

Alot of my ideas I need to wait for plants to fill out so I can start trimming. I might move the one group of chains on the right over a little further.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Man. my vals are a bummer right now.. :( Next time I order online, I should check out reviews. But the only decent thing is, they look better then any that I saw in the LFS these past weeks.

Rescue Ranger

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
I also just ordered plants, including vals. They don't look too hot either.

I got much nicer anubias and crypts, though. Your layout looks good. Mind if I ask where you got the camboba from?

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Sent ya a PM on that.

I also got bored.

Putting some of my homebrew gear to use. 5 gallon plastic carboy and using a airlock as a bubble counter. Stick air line down into the top of the airlock and siliconed it in place and have no leaks on that.

No good reactor for it, so right now tubing goes into the intake with a air stone on the end.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
ehem... where to get the airlock/bubble counter thingy and what keywords to use to search would be a nice addition to this thread. if you don't mind. :D

i just so happen to have a couple 5 gallon water jugs laying around i could start some diy co2 with... on my 50.

i'd appreciate it, thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store