Flame moss?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bonzo

Registered Member
May 18, 2007
Flame moss is one of my favorite moss. They are not very demanding too. What kind of set up do you have in mind (tank size, lighting, filter, etc)?

prober

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
eastern Washington (the state)
Real Name
Jeff
Upgrade your lighting last. If you upgrade anything, add substrate, ferts, co2 all before worrying about lights. If you upgrade lights before doing those other things then you will likely get real good at algae removal.

Buff

Former Squid
Oct 5, 2010
The Hills of NW Georgia
Real Name
Buff
I don't have a planted tank, but I've been looking into it, on a really awesome website. I really like the Flame Moss, Any recommendations for a new plant keeper? :huh:
http://www.aquariumplantsandsupplies.com/
While I am awaiting some Christmas moss from aquaticmagic, I bought it from them off of eBay. You don't need to pay the retail prices for this vendor, or many others. Check out aquabid, and the vendor forum and marketplace here @ AC, too.

You may want to read the feedback for aquaticmagic on eBay. Apparently, there have been some customs issues as well as weather problems.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
You may want to read the feedback for aquaticmagic on eBay. Apparently, there have been some customs issues as well as weather problems.
just have to know how it works. they ship reg mail from out of the country. they just hope customs doesnt catch it.

what kind of set up do you know now.

Upgrade your lighting last. If you upgrade anything, add substrate, ferts, co2 all before worrying about lights. If you upgrade lights before doing those other things then you will likely get real good at algae removal.
not all tanks need a special substrate or ferts/co2. if their lighting they have now wont even support the lowest light plants doing all the others is a waste.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store