planted grass tank, help plz :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Switch_omg

Registered Member
Jan 22, 2011
Hey guys, im pretty new at this, but i have a vision for my 65 litre Asian themed tank and want to no if it can come true. okay so here we go.....

*Tahitian moon sand-(bout an inch deep)
*Few pieces of driftwood
*some planted grass ( not covering the whole tank, maybe 25% of it)
*2 or 3 taller plants with the strait long leave ( sorry dont no the names)
*and finally a few small budduhh statues and other small oriental statues.

oh and i have 1 small fantail, a comet, and am getting a golden sucker aswell,

Thats my dream, please help me make it real any advice would be great please dont be harsh as i am only new to this,
thanks alot guys

switch out:goldfish:

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
gonna be tough, if possible at all.

goldies are very harsh on plants and not recommended to house with other species.

one trick to keeping (any) plants in a goldie tank is to pack the tank completely with plants and keep whatever they don't eat or uproot.

long grass-like plants... valisneria... eleocharis.

do you mean golden algae eater, albino bristlenose, or what? once you figure that one out, it's best to ask about compatibility issues. i'm not a goldie guy, so can't help much there, but i suspect your sucker might not be the perfect tankmate.

good luck.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I agree with Dundun:

Goldfish will eat plants. Is plastic plants an obtions??

Switch_omg

Registered Member
Jan 22, 2011
thanks!

thanks for the feedback guys, have since decided to scrap the idea of the planted grass, and im researching compatabilty with my fish, shal keep you posted on what i come up with next =]
switch out.........:goldfish:

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i would definitely look at fish other than goldies for that size tank. 65 litres is not large enough to house one goldie when full size, never mind two and an algae eater. if you really want to keep those same fish i'd suggest getting a 40 gallon minimum (around 160 litres).

as for plants, as others said - goldies will make a salad bar out of most plants. you'll be better off going with anubias or java fern. and buying them from a member on here will be much less expensive and be less of a hit to the pocket should your goldies decide that those types of plants taste good (it happens).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store