Planet Cryptocoryne

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
See a floating orb of aquatic plants rotating with the current.

We almost don't want to break this up to plant them. :grinyes:

(Mute the volume unless you want to hear a football game in the background.)

[yt]mVR3XUgbu5M[/yt]

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Usually there are a couple of goldfish underneath rotating with it. Almost like it has it's own gravity field.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Haha cool! What plants do you have in that tank? Presumably it is coldwater, I need some ideas for plants for my 2 coldwater tanks. Thanks :).
Still need to plant most of these. So far, it has a half dozen crypts (just about any of them will work fine), dwarf sags, 4 or 5 kinds of anubias, java fern windelov, ludwigia natans, corkscrew vals, green myrio, hornwort, cabomba, anacharis, crinim calamistratum, aponogetons (ulvaceous, longiplumulosis, undulatus), dwarf lilies, marimo balls, subwassertang on some rocks, and christmas moss.

The tank is a 110 gallon with just under 3 watts per gallon lighting and a basic silica sand substrate.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
sweet! i've got planet riccia going on here. oh, what a mess!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
LOL.. love the replies. At least we're not the only ones who haven't gotten around to planting these things.

Oh sweet. What is your room temperature? Perhaps it's warmer over there as I can't imagine keeping all of those species in my coldwater tanks.
Room temp is probably about 74 to 77 degrees. With no heater, the tank usually sits at 71-72 degrees.

Add water wisteria to the plant list, too... forgot that one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store