Clownfish "mold" - Help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RandomMistakes

Registered Member
May 23, 2010
One of my false perculas has developed a soft, white "mold" looking substance on its head. It's impossible to get a picture of this guy but I will try to describe it as best as possible. It is almost like a small, white ripple/ridge on its forehead. It appears to be raised off the body a very small amount. It has had something similar in the past and I was told to use a Q-tip to apply hydrogen peroxide to her head, which seemed to solve the problem in about a week. It has been a month and has now reappeared. Does anyone have an idea as to what this infection is and how to cure it completely?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Could potentially be a number of things, none of which I can/would be able to make a recommendation about without some sort of picture. It could be something as easily dealt with as a bacterial infection (what it sounds like) or something as malign as Brooklynellosis. No way to tell either way from here, but in general, the latter spreads virulently and the effects are immediately noticeable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store