my fluval ebi journal.. :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
hi, i just picked up a new fluval ebi tank and will be keeping a journal here for anyone who may be interested in following in its progress.

going to be adding a frozen shrimp to start the cycling tomorrow..

well here it is after just setting it up.. will update later with the plans..

myebi1.jpg myebi2.jpg myebi3.jpg

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Lookin good!

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
it's the included substrate, it's called fluval stratum shrimp substrate. it's kind of weird, it's like soil you can crush it with your fingers and i rinsed it pretty well but whenever you touch it, it will start to cloud up. we'll see how well it performs.. i also have it in my other tank a fluval spec. but i only have microswords and java moss in there..

here are some better pictures.. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You are a seriously evil person for aggravating my Major Tank Lust for this object. Didn't know it existed until the latest Foster & Smith catalog arrived the other day. Like most Fluval products I consider the price outlandish beyond any realms of consideration but oh MY is that gorgeous.

So what do you think of the individual ingredients, particularly the filter & light? It looks great there, I couldn't even see the filter until you added the extra pix, but how would you say it is working? Is the light sufficient for the space? And is that background an add-on or is it built in and unremovable? It's beautiful but I like my shrimp tanks to be open on all sides for occasions when sunlight can pour through it.

does it have a lid and you just left it off or is it open-top? Hard to tell from either the catalog pictures (looks like a flat lid) or yours (can't see one at all).

congrats in any event. Agree with requests you keep us updated. Lust even unrequited can have enjoyable moments. :)

smokey2957

AC Members
Jul 21, 2009
Burlington, Washington
What size tank is it the only ones I found on their website were 7.9 gallon. Yours looks bigger in the pic. Did it come with the mini co2 system that is shown with one of the tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store