Help! BOXFISH poisoned tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Crystalisabel5

Registered Member
Jan 26, 2011
hello everyone,
i had bought a boxfish a few weeks back and he ended up getting to stressed and dieing in the tank. I took him out right away and flushed him but then i noticed that all my fish were breathing really fast and swimming really slow so i moved them to my other tank. I left my blue legged crabs and starfish in with a few other crabs and snails and things and they ALL died the next day. I emptied the water out and cleaned the rocks and did a nice clean up and then put new water in and got the levels normal. Then i went and bought a fish and it died soon after i put it in the tank. Then i bought another and it did the same thing!! now i dont know what to do. how to i get the poison out of the tank?

EmilyMarie85

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
Boise, ID
Real Name
Emily
Wow - that is crazy. I don't dabble in saltwater, but I have seen cow fish and thought they were pretty cute -- not so sure now that I know they are an atomic bomb... ;)

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
If tank has no livestock and parameters are w/in reason, raise the temp as high as you can as heat will break up the any possible residues of toxins faster + high quality carbon/equivalents.

Hope all goes well.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
And carbon will work too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com