Sick clowns? Please help...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reefnewbie

Registered Member
Jan 26, 2011
Hey everyone, Im new to this site and hoping I can get some help from all you experts, and believe me compared to me you all are lol. First I'll give you all my tank info so you have an idea of my situation, I have a 90 gallon reef tank set up with a couple oscellaris clowns, couple blue-green chromis, a coral beauty, and a regal blue tang. Also have a few corals, inverts, and 100 lbs of live rock. My paramas are:
78 degrees F
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10
salinity 1.025

Now my question is about my clowns, I have had them for about a month and the last 3 days they have decided to stop eating, they are hiding in a corner, increased resp rate(~160 resp/min), and Im not sure of Im just going nuts but I think the top of their heads has gotten darker. To top it all of I woke up this morning to find one of them hosting in my daisy coral, could this be because it is tired? I didnt expect to see that when I thought he was sick!!
Anyways I am one of the not so smart newbies that decided Id do this without a quarantine tank(bad idea I know), so now I have one set up and running, ready for use. So the main question is WHAT DO I DO? Sorry for all the writing, just wanted to be exact.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store