fuzz in tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

soft***l

AC Members
Jan 31, 2010
Hanover,pa
can someone help i.d. and explain to me how to get rid of a fuzz like thing that is all over floating in my tank,i have tried many solutions frrom "algaefix" to hardening the water to doing massive w.c. and it won't leave the tank. it adheres to the rocks,the gravel and if stirred up will get sucked onto the intake of the filters on the tank. i have attached some pics maybe you can figure out from them.:help:

HPIM0168.JPG HPIM0169.JPG HPIM0179.JPG HPIM0174.JPG

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
how long has the wood been in the tank? it may be a long shot, but possibly 'new wood goo' that is detaching and settling elsewhere due to high flow from filters/airstones/powerheads (not sure what y'all have on/in the tank).

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I agree with BFM it looks like wood goo or wood fungus in which case it should not pose any threats to your fish just unsightly just remove it with your fingers and discard should clear after a while also i am unsure of any remedy..

Inglorious

AC Members
Aug 26, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
There is only way to get rid of that fuzz, and that would be get rid of your tank. Luckily for you I have space for an extra tank and I was wanting to do a fuzzy setup.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
There is only way to get rid of that fuzz, and that would be get rid of your tank. Luckily for you I have space for an extra tank and I was wanting to do a fuzzy setup.
:clap:

soft***l

AC Members
Jan 31, 2010
Hanover,pa
thanks for the help guys ,i have removed the wood and gathered as much as i can when i see it with a spare net,oh and btw thanks for the offer but i think i will be keeping the tank,after all 210g tanks are hard to come by lol:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store