Doing good..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
The cabumba has really taken off like crazy. The ludwiga is doing ok. The vals are eh still, do have a few runners.. My crypt (i think that's a crypt front left side) is giving off a good amount of o2. Been running co2 since 1/23 and dosing micro/macro since last week on it. I was doing Excel but stopped when I started doing co2.

Now, I just wish my glass looked good on the tank. heh.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
nice garden.

prober

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
eastern Washington (the state)
Real Name
Jeff
Yes, Vals and Crypts can suffer some melting. Some have had success with slowly acclimating them to Excel although I have never tried. I have used it with many other plants and the only one to suffer in my tank was Hornwart, although it did acclimate soon after.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Man, I need some more plants.. :p That Cabumba is, donno the right term, streched. Lot's of stem between, well, i'll just call em leafs and/or branches. I'm amazed that in 2 days the 2 tallest stems are at the top of the tank. It's gonna be time to trim and fill in soon.

On another note, I've had 2 or so stems of my Cabumba break way down low by the gravel. I'm assuming not enough light is getting to them? If that's the case, whats the best way to remedy something like that once I start filling in everything.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Excel melts Crypts too?? i thought it was just Vals and Anacharis.

Got any close-ups of the 'Crypt'? from what i can see, it sorta resembles a sword species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store