10G Paludarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
This is a continuation of my failed Vampire Crabs tank. Hopefully, these will last much longer.

Stats:
Tank: 10G
Heating: 50w
Lighting: 26W
Filtration: Sponge filter hidden in the back
Flora: Pothos, Terrestrial Moss, Draceana, Taiwain Moss and Guppy Grass
Fauna: Brown FBT (Flames), RCS, Black Babaultis

Thanks fo looking!

maxcow

AC Members
Oct 12, 2010
are you going to add any kind of fish and/or aquatic inverts? also what made those marks on the glass in the picture second from the bottom?

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I'm not sure about fish since they would probabky end up eating the baby shrimp. Lol, humidity condenses on the glass and the nerite snails make tracks out if the water to the top.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
It looks awesome! I've never seen colors like that (mixed green/brown) before, I'm curious if he'll stay like that.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
u should consider some cardinal tetras in that tank. other than that, everything looks AWESOME!!
I don't think that theres enough water for them. He has the tank divided, so that leaves only 5 gallons available to be water, plus the water doesn't go all the way to the top, so it's only about 2.5-3 gallons.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks great, Chris!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I like what youve done with it! just wait til that moss kicks in. its gonna be a jungle!
Thanks! The moss has been there for a while but I think there is too much moisture or it's too hot for to grow. I'm going to raise the lights up a bit to see if that helps with humidity or not.

It looks awesome! I've never seen colors like that (mixed green/brown) before, I'm curious if he'll stay like that.
Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't sure what color he was. I'm thinking he's going to be green because of his legs and I think green is a dominant color. I could be wrong though.

u should consider some cardinal tetras in that tank. other than that, everything looks AWESOME!!
I wouldn't put Cardinal Tetras in there but maybe a small fish or something. I have guppy fry in there as a growout but that's just it. The shrimp will probably be moved to a different tank as I'd like them to breed but so far the RCS haven't been breeding much.

I don't think that theres enough water for them. He has the tank divided, so that leaves only 5 gallons available to be water, plus the water doesn't go all the way to the top, so it's only about 2.5-3 gallons.
Yeah, I think there are only 4 gallons. I zig-zagged it as much as I can to make more water room.

Looks great, Chris!
Thanks jbradt! My CPs died from neglect. I think I'm going to start putting some CPs in this tank when the weather gets warmer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store