green bubble tip anemone help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lionsfan09

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
ive had him for two weeks now and he just floats around. Until he lands in the back underneath the rocks then I have to move all my rocks every time I feed him. My water Parameters are great Do regular water changes. Its my first anemone what am i doing wrong. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Your moving it yourself, that is what your doing wrong. ;) Let it get its foot down, wherever it wants to. If it is the back of the tank that is ok.. it will eventually move around to the best place for it on its own, but it has to get its foot down and settled for a little bit before it will do that. By moving it you just stress it out. FWIW, I have been keeping anemones for many years now and I have never fed mine directly and they do fine. Feeding will help them, but not required, and at the point you are now, food is not the thing to be worrying about. Let it get settled first.

lionsfan09

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Its in the back just laying on the sand sideways. so just leave it alone until it either finds its own home or dies. how long doesw it take. I only feed it twice a week i feed it shrimp

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Oh, I thought it was attaching to a rock in the back, not just floating.. that is different.. and not good. A healthy anemone should attach to a rock in a matter of minutes. If I have a "free floating" anemone I would cup my hand over it and gently set it on a rock and hold it there for about 1 minute.. healthy ones would always grab onto the rock within that time. Normally it wouldn't stay there though and would end up walking around the tank until it found the spot it liked.

If you have a big enough fish net you can put the anemone on the rock and gently set the net over it for an hour or so to see if it will attach.

betta splendens

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
What type of lighting do you have? Do you have coral in this tank, and is it doing ok? I hope your anemone does well.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Turn your pumps off and let it plant its foot on some rock. May take an hour or two. Turn your pumps back one one by one. If it plants its foot and then releases something is wrong. Either the nem was not healthy to begin with or something in your tank isn't right for the nem. Detaching can be a sign of an unhealthy nem or a survival mechanism.

A pic would help but how does the mouth look? Lighting? Water parameters? What size and how old is the tank? How much flow?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store