125 stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
i have a 125 to set up however i want and i just cant decide. i want to keep L240 plecos for sure but thats all im sure of. i thought fronts, but now maybe some ebjd or firemouths or sevrums. just not sure. so. could i keep a group of ebjd and a sevrum? or a souple firemouths maybe?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
EBJD & Severum should work. You have many nice choices open to you. You could have a few larger cichlids, off the top of my head are. Parachromis Species, Amphilophus Species, Vieja Species. I mean yes Severum are cool but some of the other cichlids you could house are actually very stunning. If you going to get EBJD remember to keep them Seprate from other fish until they reach about 3inches.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nice pleco choice. Doesnt get big but doesnt stay small. I would go with EBJD's firemouth may work. If you try a Parachromis species Ide stay away from the Managua and Red Tiger Motag they both get very aggressive also Loisellei males can be a lil mean toward Pleco's but females are more mellow and more colorful. Amphilophus species are on the aggressive side more so then Parachromis with exception to the Managua and Dovii and RTM. Red Devils, Midas, Red Terrors are all big powerful fish who may abuse your pleco I dont know how the temperment of a Trimac is.

Are you looking to have a few big fish or do you want alot of action going on which would be like smaller fish or medium peaceful schooling fish. Also is this tank gonna be planted? So we know wether or not certain species would fit that setting.

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
i think that the tank will end up planted, my 180 is already. i also thought maybe a red jewel, maybe salvini. i dont want fish that are gonna get real big and beat on my plecos, those are my favorite plecs. I would be ok with meduim schooling fish that will be ok with the ebjds also.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Then some Firemouths or Cutteri's would work like Pittbull suggested. For schooling fish you could go with some tetra's like Congo Tetras. I would suggest Silver Dollars but they would find your planted tanked as a nice salad bowl. Ummm. There are alot of possibilties when it comes to small/medium sized fish. Maybe do a school of corydora's.

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Since you're not looking for real big fish, look into Sajicas, also known as T bar cichlids. Though, red jewels would look pretty sweet in a well planted tank.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Frontosa!!!!!! Hands down frontosas
Hahaha this is central/ south American ;)

I would suggest rainbows still. Or Honduran Red Points. Firemouth could also work. Why not try the sajicas like Tay suggested? Two pairs of them, a pair of Honduran Reds and maybe a few pairs of Rainbows?

Not to mention have you ever thought of adding angel fish or discus? I don't how experniced you are but you could have a very nice setup with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store