Banana Plant tubers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aahhsin

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
My Banana Plant tuber roots are slowly dying off. Yet for some reason, the plant isn't dead yet. Is this normal? What's going on? I didn't bury the roots, it just decided to die off.

asukawashere

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Fairfield, CT
asukawashere.com
Real Name
Amanda Wenger
My Banana Plant tuber roots are slowly dying off. Yet for some reason, the plant isn't dead yet. Is this normal? What's going on? I didn't bury the roots, it just decided to die off.
My banana plants actually do better when I partially bury their tubers. You don't want to bury them all the way, but a partial burying seems to help direct the roots down into the substrate, where they have more access to the nutrients trapped there

It' possible your banana plant isn't getting enough nutrition (the tubers are where the plant stores nutrient reserves) and the tubers are dying off as the plant drains its resources to stay alive. Try planting the tubers partway and adding a root fertilizer tab to the substrate near the roots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store