call 911 i have a anemone emergency

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paden

Registered Member
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
im realy worryed about my Haitian pink tiped Anemone hes drooping and hes turning brown i think he is going to crook on me if any one can help me id realy appreciat it.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Brown isn't necessarily bad, since that is the color of the photosynthetic zooxanthellae. White is bad.

It's hard to know what's going on without knowing the condition of your tank.
How big is the tank?
How long has it been set up?
Is there any ammonia or nitrite?
How's the nitrate?
ph, alkalinity?
How much light? Anemones need quite a bit, and becoming darker may be a sign that the zooxanthellae are multiplying to make up for inadequate light.
Are you feeding it?

paden

Registered Member
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
about a week
no
ok
and im looking for good lights to use but im lost i heeard marine glow is good
and yes im feeding it

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
You might have some real problems with the condy right now. Your tank is pretty new and it won't survive the cycle. Also it needs lights designed for growing corals under like metal halides and acintic combo units. The water quality must be pretty close to perfect to keep even the more hardy anemones like the condy in good condition,"alive". I'd try to take it back if I were you. Also just to let you know they get pretty big and move around in your tank. My $8 condy has also eaten about $100 worth of fish since I've had it. I wanted to get inot anemonies and didn't realise what I had. They also don't make a good partner for clown fish if you intende to have them. I'm not trying to flame you or anything like that but, you should know what you're getting into with this critter.
Hope this helps
Chris

paden

Registered Member
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
ive actualy have had this one in a ten with a marine glow with two tomato clowns and 2 royal grammas in a 10 for about a month with no probs till this week before i put him in the 55

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store