Wilted luwigia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nomo

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Ordered some stems of luwigia from liveaquaria and they arrived wrapped in wet newspaper... That shocked me... Then the plants were wilted... They looked and felt like they'd been boiled. Saggy and real soft.

May I assume this is not good?! Should I even try to save them?

Nomo

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
I tossed the luwigia into my baby RCS tank just in case (floating)... The baby RCS sure like it! A floating jungle gym for them!

I emailed liveaquaria with a pic of the ludwigia... Is it normal to simply wrap aquatic plants in newspaper without putting them in a plastic bag? Was this carelessness or what?

Nomo

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Many ship plants that way, I personally find the newspaper to be the worst material to use since it gets too heavy when wet and a headache to take apart when received. Paper towels are the best way to go, wrapped loosely.
Careful so that the dead plants don't raise your nitrate levels and kill the shrimp.
Thanks for the advice! Didn't think of that!

I received a response from liveaquaria... they said keep them informed of the plant's health. We will see. I'll remove the plant and put it in a bucket with some tank water and see what happens.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for the advice! Didn't think of that!

I received a response from liveaquaria... they said keep them informed of the plant's health. We will see. I'll remove the plant and put it in a bucket with some tank water and see what happens.
I would just ask them for a refund without waiting.
I doubt the plant will survive in a bucket. One thing plants need when you receive them is place them in as similar condition as the sellers. And im sure they were growing theirs in med/high light with ferts/co2.

Good luck

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
For your next online plant purchase, check out bobstropicalplants.com. It is ran by Mgamer, a mod here at AC and I've never been disappointed by the quality of the plants he's sent to me.

I also agree to ask for the refund now.

Nomo

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
For your next online plant purchase, check out bobstropicalplants.com. It is ran by Mgamer, a mod here at AC and I've never been disappointed by the quality of the plants he's sent to me.

I also agree to ask for the refund now.
Well, being the "give 'em a chance" kind of guy, I told them I'd give it a shot to see if they live... I'll stand by my word and see what happens. Come Monday, they'll get an email eitherway.

I will check out bobstropicalplants.com now.

Thx!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store