Anubias braod leaf possible rot? help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Anubias broad leaf possible rot? help.

Not sure whats going on with this plant, I've only had it about 3 weeks maybe a little more, over the last week it added a new leaf in the center which you can see in the pictures. I'm still doing almost 1/3 water changes per week (mainly to get the tea color water under control, because of my mopani wood)
The 36gal tank is about 6 months old now and the only fert I use is infrequent small doses of Seachem Flourish all my plants including this one seem to be very healthy except for this one leaf? Should I be worried?

:confused:

Anumbia broad leave 001.JPG Anumbia broad leave 003.JPG

Last edited:

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Nah, no need to worry. It just looks like an older damaged leaf, cut it off close to the rhizome. The stress of moving it may have helped the demise of that leaf but no leaf lives forever. A nice plant!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
It was perfect when I got it, and that spot just started doing that the last few days!
But I'll cut it off as Anubias leafs don't heal themselves anyways... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was going to spread and start killing all my Anubias plants in the tank. Thanks...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store