Did I plant this too deep? Not deep enough?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Just got this "Dwarf Red Lilly" the other day and just dropped it in the tank at first. Today I moved closer to one of the corners and pressed the bulb down about 1/3-1/2 into the gravel. Is that ok, I don't want the bulb to start rotting away or anything. Haven't found the exact species or any Lilly's that look just like mine doing research, but most the ones I do find are much larger/older/grown so I'm not sure what it will look like yet?

A user on the boards here "Kaosu" posted a pic of a larger/grown one and told me that it was a "Dwarf Red Lilly", before that all I knew was I purchased a dwarf lilly that does very well in low light?

I like what I've seen/heard so far and I'm thinking about picking up a few more (have one in every tank) for $1.99 ea they seem pretty cool! Yes/No?

:cool:

New additions 002.JPG New additions 004.JPG

spacefish34

Sep 2, 2009
Bedford,TX
Real Name
Chris
And,a pruning tip.When you notice it sending a leaf or leaves to the surface,trim them right away.This will make for a bushy full plant with large leaves.Don't worry if you want a couple of floating leaves,the more and faster you prune these,the faster it will produce them.Good luck...

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Well, I went and picked up four more dwarf Red Lilly bulbs today! I put three in my tank and one in my daughters. I'm sure they'll get too big for the 6gal, and I won't keep them all in mine either (going to be setting up another tank or two real soon) The best one I got today is in the second pick, the bulb is almost 3" across and it has leafs coming out in 3 different spots and maybe a 4th (going to be a big plant) Cheers..

:cheers:

new dwarf Lilly's 002.JPG new dwarf Lilly's 005.JPG new dwarf Lilly's 007.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store