Dropped off rescue cichlids...need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Magic_FROST

AC Members
Jan 25, 2011
Just got four dropped off from somebody who was moving. They didnt even know what kind of cichlids they happen to be.

From just a google search, two of them seem to be golden cichlids (Melanochromis auratus) and the other two seem to be albino zebras.....i think.

These four have lived together their whole lives, in a 30 gal tank. Their previous owner dropped them off in their tank....with some flake food.

So my questions are, since they have lived in this small of a tank for so long can they still be housed in it until they find new homes? Cichlids have never been my interest, so I am sorely lacking in knowledge.

And can these two species even be housed together long term? Can they be adopted out all together to live in the same tank of the adopter?

I just need to know what I need to look for in a potential adopter tank and how i can advertise them for a home. Thanks so much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store