It's been awhile...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SecretAsianFish

AC Members
Jan 23, 2010
Puget Sound area in Washington
I forgot all about Aquaria Central...oops! haha, well alot has changed since I last posted. I got a new Sea Clear 50 gallon tank, I got rid of all but 2 glass tanks. I favor acryllic tanks over glass....

The Severum the little 2 incher I first got around November is now a nice peaceful male Severum...."peaceful"...lemme rephrase that... territorial but peaceful. He cannot stand any cihclid that is remotely close to a Severum. So I got rid of my Festivum...I loved him...

The "Jurupari" is one of my favorite fishes. It's sparkly with nice fins and....STAYS OUT OF TROUBLE!!! Woo! This fish does everything to avoid fights or anything! It's more peaceful than my tetras!

I love Thorichthys Ellioti! I found 2 little guys and they only bicker with themselves like 3 times a day. Peaceful, pretty, and a shocking thing is...The Jurupari seems to have adopted them as it's kids...? :screwy: ....uhh... It's teaching them sifting through gravel (yes I do know American Cihclids do this), it has just changed the personality of the Ellioti's. They used to be boistrous and then they started following the Jurupari around and then they hung out together like as if they were tetras schooling together...Weird...

I have some misc. tetras in there...I was planning on getting them some buddies but then....I got Silver Dollars, these are fast active fish. I do realize they will eventually grow to big for my tank but really, this is now and that is then. I got 3 3 inchers and really made the Severum more active. They fight within eachother occasionally but for the most part are good together.

I got a Raphael catfish! It hides most of the time I never see it it... It's really fat....But really cool

I actually have had the tank setup for 2 months or more now...and have done like 1 water change.... I never had ammonia spikes, nitrate, nitirite or anything....I did put everything from my 30 gallon into it though...that may have been a strong enough bacteria colony to keep everything in control. I really should do another water change...probably sometime this weekend...

16 gallon...I love what I done with this tank. I finished completely planting it last week. I features a male and female Peacock Gudgeons, a pair of honey gouramis I bred and raised the fry of and some rasboras. I also rescued a beautiful Juli Cory from Wal mart and quarntined it for internal paristies....After using jungle's anti parisitic medicated food it's off to a good start in the tank.

Sorry for all the typing....I just thought it would make up for not posting for a few months

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
pics?

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
we need pictures :D but sounds awesome!

SecretAsianFish

AC Members
Jan 23, 2010
Puget Sound area in Washington
Okay pictures are going to be hard to get for the Peacock Gudgeons....They like the back of the tank, just added some young Pygmy Spotted Rasboras 3. Im now cycling a 20 gallon. Pictures will be here tonihgt or tommorow after noon sorry for the wait

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store