Reef Tank starter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jimonkey07

AC Members
Apr 19, 2010
Maryland
Hello Forum,

I have been starting to think about make the plunge from my FOWLR salt water fish tank and making it into a reef tank. It is a 30 gallon tank with 2 ocelaris clown fish, a firefish goby, yellow tail damsel,2 Scarlet leg Hermit crabs, and a turbo snail. I have a T5HO light on top. I was curious about what are some good begginer corals to think about adding to my tank, and if there are steps i could do to be more succesful. Feel free to add in any specific care guidlines, if any, for the coral.
Thanks a lot.:help2:

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
No such thing as an easy SPS. but Montipora Capricornis and Montipora Digitata is close.

LPS---Torch, Frog spawn, Lobo brain, and bubble.

Soft coral---Xenia, mushrooms, Kenya tree, Zoes, Greenstar (GSP), ect.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Ehhh birdnest is highly regarded as an easy sps.. havent quite found that to be entirely true but its very resilient. Only sps i had during a dino outbreak that was managing.

The best bang for your buck on lps is definitly chalice corals.. good god are they pretty and very hardy. they get expensive though!

everyone loves frogspawn and torch corals though so start with those! or maybe a neon green leather!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store