Black Corydoras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elinore

AC Members
Aug 7, 2010
Far Northern WI
Real Name
Ella
I'm wondering if anyone keeps or even just has any information about black cory cats. I'd really love to find some for my 55gal when the weather gets a bit warmer in Wisconsin, but I haven't noticed any on Aquabid for quite some time. Does anyone know if they're even available, or what the price would be? I would love to have a small group of 4-6.

When I try to get more info on Google, I mostly just come up with arguments over the exact species, and most of that is at least a few years old. So, does anyone have any info to share? Thanks!!!

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
i have and breed them. try looking up corydoras schultzei black strain.

My breeding group hasn't done much in the last month or so, but hopefully they will pick it up once we get moved into our new house.

Whenever I have them available I typically sell them for around 10 dollars each plus shipping.

elinore

AC Members
Aug 7, 2010
Far Northern WI
Real Name
Ella
Thanks jetajockey!!! I will be VERY interested when you have some available! I'll watch the classified section carefully :)

reticulata

reticulata
Mar 20, 2011
Milwaukie, OR.
Real Name
Lary Smith
Black Corys

I'm wondering if anyone keeps or even just has any information about black cory cats. I'd really love to find some for my 55gal when the weather gets a bit warmer in Wisconsin, but I haven't noticed any on Aquabid for quite some time. Does anyone know if they're even available, or what the price would be? I would love to have a small group of 4-6.

When I try to get more info on Google, I mostly just come up with arguments over the exact species, and most of that is at least a few years old. So, does anyone have any info to share? Thanks!!!
I have a small group of 5 proven black corys for sale @ $100 NIC shipping.

MisaHasTheEyes

AC Members
Nov 21, 2008
I had about 8 adults when I finally sold mine: I'd gotten two huge drops of eggs but none of them were fertile. Everything I've read indicates that fertile eggs are a big issue, but care for them overall was easy similar to aeneus or paletus cories.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store