Ornate Leopard Wrasse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I bought this one a few weeks ago along with a baby Black Leopard. I don't think the baby black one made it, but still crossing my fingers. I have seen the Ornate and Black Leopards a total of 10 minutes in the last 3 weeks, and hadn't seen either one for a week. I was looking at my tank a few minutes ago and saw the Ornate pop its head out of the sand. It would only come out 1/2 way and after a few pictures it went back under. Last Saturday when I saw her she was out swimming and I put in a ton of different foods and she ate a ton of food. I thought that was a really good sign, then she was gone for an entire week. Finally I was able to get a couple pics though and I think she is just super shy because she appears healthy.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Beautiful fish. To bad she is always in hiding.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Love, love, love the fish and just great pics! Hope the black shows up. Did you get your leopards locally or through Diver's Den, etc. Did you QT them or straight in the tank? What foods are you having luck with?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Thanks all.. I picked it up at a new LFS in Santa Barbara called Aquatic Designs. I paid $48 for it. With Leopard wrasses, for me anyway, I never QT them (which I have learned I should do so, at least for the babies because I am 0/2 with baby leopards, ones less than 1"). The most I do with the larger leopards is float in bag with lights out for 15 minutes, then slowly drip acclimate for 45 minutes, then dump water/fish out into a net over the sink and release fish into tank.

I just wish this new one wasn't so shy. She came out yesterday a couple hours before the lights come on, I saw her from across the room, then I took 2 steps towards the tank, about 15' a way, and it spooked her and she dove right back under the sand. She hasn't eaten any food that I put in the tank in 10 days now, so I am hoping she is getting some pods to eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store