Lonfinned oscars

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reckerblue

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
Real Name
Patrick Recker
Just joined Ac and was curious if anyone out there has access to different color variations of longfinned oscars.My resources have only been able to yield the tiger oscar variety. Looking for red and or albino strains.Have had the tiger lf for almost a year now and have had no significant problems. Housed with an ebjd they get along great. Although, for a time the ebjd wasn't eating and would hang on the bottom motionless.But with patience and a good variety of foods he snapped out of it. In my opinion the lf oscar seemed to dominate him for a short time untill I changed the tank layout every couple of weeks.Anyone with access to more lf oscars and or related stories and observations please let me know,thank you.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Welcome to AquariaCentral.

I have seen several LF O's out here. Albino and tiger of both dark and albino forms. They don't really catch my interest specially when there bigger. The regular form is what I would buy if I were to buy another O.

reckerblue

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
Real Name
Patrick Recker
I've kept all of the regular types over the past ten years grew them to full size then sold them.Just find the Lf o's to catch my interest.Something different to try. What type of Parachromis would you recommend for someone who has never kept them.Had a royal pleco but money was tight so I had to sell him beautiful fish was a shame.Also have bred many angle types but prefer the wild strains.The other strains aren't worth there susceptibility to genetic weakness.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store