clownfish staying near top of water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KLelle

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
www.kirstilangen.ca
so a couple of days ago i found that my tiniest clown fish had jumped out of the water...and him and the other clown where always near the top of the tank and wouldn't go down..anyways now i got another one and they're getting along great only problem is that my old clownfish still won't get away from the top. The new one is moving around more but keeps going up to the top to see the other guy

so im wondering why are they...or at least one always staying at the top?

also, i have a bubble tip nem and was wondering how to get them to host it?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
so a couple of days ago i found that my tiniest clown fish had jumped out of the water...and him and the other clown where always near the top of the tank and wouldn't go down..anyways now i got another one and they're getting along great only problem is that my old clownfish still won't get away from the top. The new one is moving around more but keeps going up to the top to see the other guy

so im wondering why are they...or at least one always staying at the top?

also, i have a bubble tip nem and was wondering how to get them to host it?
Not terribly unusual behavior for a clown. They can do this if they feel more secure in a given area and it is especially frequent if they are being bullied by something. Keep an eye out for the latter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store