Purple Tang and Yellow Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gator

AC Members
Nov 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
I have decided that I want to anchor my FOWLR with a purple tang. My darling wants a yellow tang! They have pretty much identical shapes so I don't think they will work well together. My first question is has anyone tried these two tangs together? My second question is do you have any recommendations for a Yellow marine fish that will work together with a purple tang? My current inhabitants (sp) are two green chromis, two blue damsels, two percula clownfish, and one dwarf flame angle.

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
I wouldn't put a purple tang in there with a yellow. they will fight. I won't get into the tank size limitations you have, but will basicly say most people are probably going to tell you 90gal is probably too small for a tang once it is full grown.

fishman2000

AC Members
Feb 14, 2004
new york
Visit site
i have a choc tang and a yellow tang that do well together as for a yellow marine fish the fox face is nice but not always yellow they can turn brown if there stressed and there venomous

Gator

AC Members
Nov 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Anyone try a lemon peal dwarf angle with a flame angle? Probably won't work either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store