stocking a 400L brackish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MuddyMudskipper

AC Members
Sep 2, 2010
Hi there,

I've recently 'inherited' a 400L aquarium which will be a brackish set-up for my anableps...
I was going to keep the salt no greater than 1.005 (probably around 1.003), and thought about including:

dragon goby, knight gobies, rainbowfish, glassfish, orange chromides, mollies, guppies and an indian mudskipper (he currently lives with the mollies and is very placid)..

Does anyone have any comments on the community idea? The size of the tank means I could get some fish that shoal...would it be better to bulk on the chromides, rainbows or glassfish?

I don't know much about these three so any comments are welcome, as are any other ideas for tankmates.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
I think rainbows would be cool if they do well in brackish... I'd also get your mudskipper at least 3 friends, provided you can give them a fair amount of land. It's so fun to watch them flag and interact. They're much more interesting in groups.

MuddyMudskipper

AC Members
Sep 2, 2010
Hey there,

The mudskipper (indian) currently lives with 3 others but he has at the bottom of the pecking order and doesn't come out much. He's very placid compared to the other three more boystrous ones and he happily scavenges for food with the mollies at the bottom of my 200L.

As he seems to get on fine with other fish I thought he'd be ideally suited to housing with my anableps and some other brackish species..If it doesn't work I can always move him back, but his behaviour is very non-aggressive and has been for a year..

I agree the intereaction is amusing but I just thought he might have a better quality of life away from the other three..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store