Angelfish Tank Stocking--

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mullene

AC Members
Feb 20, 2011
I'm sorry, you guys are probably sick of stocking advice questions!

Could I put Dwarf Gouramis (2-3) with my Angelfish? I would like to have 2 or 3 Angelfish + a Pleco (of some sort) and possibly a couple Corys...

I am pretty sure it's a 29g tank as we had Angels in it when I was young... and would be with fake plants, a moss ball, plenty of hiding spaces, and a bubbler...

*Are bubblers recommended for EVERY tank?? :huh:

Thank you!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
A 29 gallon tank is way too small for all of the fish you have mentioned. One adult angel is all I would put in a 29 with maybe a BN pleco and a few cories.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I agree a single angel or bonafide pair.maybe a BN's

personally a school of cories with a BN in a 29 would be too much on the bottom..(IMO) unless you opt for smaller species of cories

Eclipse_sky

AC Members
Feb 17, 2011
If the fish are juveniles and u are commuted to upgrading your tank as they grow out you will be fine with your stock plan for now. The problem is being overstocked when they reach adult size. I would say a school of Pygmy cories, a pair of angels, maybe otto cats instead of the pleco and 1 dwarf gourami. You could even add a school of smaller schooling fish like rasboras if you wanted. As for bubblers, I don't use them and had never had a problem. I just make sure to not fill my tanks more than 1/2 inch from the top so my filter flow makes bubbles. But they are good to have I suppose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store