seahorse with malnutrition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

notserp1100

AC Members
Mar 1, 2011
i recently purchased seahorses from LFS and one died by the next morning, the guy dropped him while scooping him out that might of been part of the problem. But they both are about starved and i was wondering if they will make it back to health. a few problems he only fed the once a day if that and his tank temp was at 79!!! im wondering if i would beable to tell in that have some sort of infection.

note: my water is perfect i was submitted to a water test to recieve my replacement seahorse.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Need more info. What species of SH, what are your tank specs (size, temp, flow, etc) and other inhabitants, males or females?

If they are eating, feed them as much as you can. That may mean you need to step up on WCs for a while.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
They wont eat that much per feeding anyway. Should feed several times a day for optimal results but done OK with twice/three times a day.

I dont see the need for extra wc for couple of seahorses in well established tank.

Hopefully they are in species tank!

If you can set up refugium/tank to grow your own mysids, that would be better and cheaper in long run OR just add live mysids/small prawn or shrimps, even small hermits/other small critters, to species tank, when and if possible, and let them hunt.

They are so cute when they hang upside down poking thru tinest cracks in the caves/rocks looking for foods.

Hopefully they are still with you.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store