Kribs are mating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arembjorn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
So two of my new Kribensis have paired off, but showing bright red/pink bellies, and they're even guarding a driftwood "cave!" I'm excited, but have some quick questions.

1. They are active parents, and can even exhibit mouth brooding behavior, so I'm wondering if I should still pre-filter the intakes to my filters(aquaclear), or if the parents will be really good at keeping the fry away from them..? If the fry will be fine, then I'd rather not pre-filter the intakes.

2. I was wondering about a breeding trap to raise the fry.. or should I leave them with the parents? I worry because I have 5 kribs and 5 blue rams.

3. Anything else I should be doing or preparing for?

They're also both getting pretty nasty towards the other fish :-(

I appreciate any info, and thanks in advance!

Arembjorn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
Update: I had noticed the female sort of quivering a day or two ago, and I thought this was a bad health sign (has since stopped), but I just read that this was courting behavior :-D I also read that in the case of a breeding tank, I should remove the male after birth, so now I'm really wondering about the practicality of raising them in this this one tank. Perhaps a breeding trap just until large enough to survive in the tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store