Bangaii Cardinals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I was finally able to get some Bangaii's. Been looking for a few months now and they have been hard to come by locally. I picked up 4. I also got rid of 3 fish.. falco hawk out of my 29G that the Bangaii's went into (the hawk was mean and had to go before I could add more fish), also my Argus wrasse out of my 75G because it was attacking my Ornate Leopard, and a large Desjardini Tang that was a rescue and not suitable at all for my tank.

Hoping to get some mating going on with these and be able to raise some babies.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I love my pair of Bangaii cardinals!
Once I started feeding mine PE Mysis, they started breeding routinely.

Hopefully, out of the 4, you got at least 2 of the opposite sex that'll pair up for you. If there's multiple males, you will likely have to pull them out. That is, at least, what I've been told. However, with my pair, the female is much more aggressive than the male. The male is I have is quite skiddish, even when he is not holding a clutch of eggs / fry.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Ya, from what I read that is the hard part.. determining the sex of them, especially when small. So I bought 4 in the hopes 2 would pair up and if that happens I will remove the other 2 so there is no fighting.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
aghhh i tried to grab these while they were on divers den but they were gone in seconds :( nice man i hope yours have babies so i can grab them!

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Well.. one didn't make it.. no clue where it went either.. not a lot of hiding places.. was there in the morning, and around noon I only count 3 now.. maybe it jumped and my cat got it.. who knows. Another got 1/2 its back fin bit off by a clown I think. I had too much flow in the tank, so I replaced a Koralia 1400 with a 1050 and it was still too much.. so I turned it off and just using the return pump. The little guys seem exhausted from too much flow and like it a lot better when I turned off the powerhead. So I am going to have to rescape and make some caves that protect them from the flow before I turn the flow back on. I am running a Mag5 as my return pump and it makes a nice gentle flow in the tank by itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store