Bottom Feeder to pick up leftovers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elysian73

Registered Member
Mar 5, 2011
I have four guppies (and about 14 fry...not going to keep all of them) but a lot of stuff gets left at the bottom (not algae). Any recommendations for what I should get? I only have a 10 gallon so I probably only need one or two of whatever you guys recommend. Thanks!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
well im personally a big fan of kuhli loaches but they like to be in larger groups (3+). You could also look into cory cats, ive never kept them myself but i hear there great fish and wont bother your fry.

Fishlock Holmes

AC Members
Jan 9, 2011
Central Indiana
Real Name
Rachel
If you're noticing lots of excess food on the bottom, you're probably overfeeding. The easiest solution is to feed less.

Otherwise, maybe shrimp, like red cherries? I have little experience with inverts, but I'm sure others here could help you out.

Eclipse_sky

AC Members
Feb 17, 2011
Pygmy cories, they stay tiny and should be kept in groups of 6 but you could get away with 3 or 4. Excellent gravel vacuums lol.

bitbot

AC Members
Nov 10, 2008
Sydney, Australia
What is the 'stuff' - Is it food?
IME guppies will eat until they are ready to explode, so if they're leaving food you are probably overfeeding.
If it's mulm or waste, fish won't eat it.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
You could try doing a small school of pygmy or habrosus corydoras, any other species of cory is too much for a ten gallon.

Ghost and/or Red Cherry Shrimp have worked out great for me as cleaners, along with a nerite snail if you have algae.

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
try skipping feeding a couple of days a week its best to keep them hungry they will even have better color

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store