constipated porcupine puffer??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

katb36

KAT
May 9, 2008
SCOTLAND
Has anyone ever experienced a constipated puffer? He is not of his food surprise surprise! however when he needs to go he has a little swelling around that area and looks as if he is struggling to pass anything when he does he gets a bit hyper and the area looks quite red once this has passed he goes back to his happy little self can anyone shed some light on this please is there any solutions out there thank you....

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
ive only had one puffer and it was the dwarf indian puffer, i dont think i can help you, (i'll keep him in my prayers though)

katb36

KAT
May 9, 2008
SCOTLAND
thank you im sure he'll be ok he's not up or down and his colour is great i just keep everything crossed...

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Add 1 tbsp Epsom salt/5g for constipation. What are you feeding him? Is that your puffer in your avatar? Have you gotten rid of the lionfish?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Dont know about Epsom Salt bath on any marine fish as s/w may already has higher [MgSO4] than recommended above. Just a thought!.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I'm not sure what that relatively small amount would do, either. I wouldn't necessarily hurt, especially if any sort of regular water changes are done, though. Have you tried feeding something with some fiber--like chitinous organisms?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
How's the puffer now? Did you do anything to treat it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store