Biggest and baddest

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
In your opinion what is the toughest, meanest, and phsyco cichlid you have ever kept?

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
A JD I kept alone in a fairly new tank was the meanest fish I've ever encountered. Shortly after he was added to the tank, he ate the danios I cycled the tank with (by wedging their heads into his mouth and ramming their tails against the sides fo the tank). When he was about 2" long, I added a 3" Tiger oscar. They camped at opposite ends of the tank for a couple of days. On the third morning, they ate together. When i got home that afternoon, the oscar had been ripped into pieces lo larger than the gravel they were resting on. By the time he was 6" long, he would breach to take live foods from my hand.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
JD = Jack Dempsey

My meanest fish was my Male Parachromis managuense. At 5" he managed to beat up 3 Oscars of different sizes. 1 being 4" next 5" and the other 6". The Oscars got along and had the advantage of home field advantage but withing 15min while I left to eat dinner the Managua killed one of the oscars and had the other two laying on there sides and all beat up.

I believe the meanest cichlid pound for pound would be a breeding pair of Convicts. The fish to do the most damage do to size strength and temperment would be the Umbee and the Emeror Cichlid.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
+1 pound for pound for breeding convicts. They shake their heads and bodies when I walk up to the glass, and if I put my hands in the tank, both male and female bite my hands repeditly until I remove it... Very aggressive, just not that big...

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
+1 pound for pound for breeding convicts. They shake their heads and bodies when I walk up to the glass, and if I put my hands in the tank, both male and female bite my hands repeditly until I remove it... Very aggressive, just not that big...
Of the convicts, the pink con is the meaner of the two. They are nothing more than a maniacal killer in a small package! They are also called "Pink Congo". They will take on a fish 4x their size and win. I made the mistake of letting them breed which made the male even more aggressive.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Kenyi cichlids are little butt holes! They don't get very big, but they run the tank!

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
LOL tabisfish

ive heard that Flowerhorns are pretty nasty as well

(but i wonder if any of these can compare to a berserk MBU PUFFER FISH in the amount of damage one can do)

thanks for explaining JD
Here is the man the fish was named for http://www.cmgww.com/sports/dempsey/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store