What are your favorite Corals?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I'm going to my first frag swap ever, and plan to pick up a bunch of frags for my 75 gallon, and 20H frag tank. My questions are, "What are your favorite corals?" I'm looking for hardy soft, lps and, zoas. The tanks been set up for over 8 months, and doing well. What corals have you had the best expeiences with, what survived when nothing else did, what grew the fastest, and easiest, what had the best colors, and what did you just plain love. I'm sort of a newbie to reef tanks, so, easy is good. :nilly: I'm considering some candy cane, spaghetti leather, zoas, with cool colors, ricordea mushrooms, maybe a cabbage leather, purple or blue shrooms, and a few other LPS, and softies. Any suggestions would be welcome. I have a bunch of frags, already, but would love some more, to fill in all the empty space. If you just want to throw some names out, I can google them, if you'd rather not get into why you liked them, but reasons why are good, too. Thanks!:bowing:

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Yeah, I love duncans, too. I just bought 6 heads. They're wavy, green, purple, flourescent, and easy to frag. What more could you want? Acans sound cool! I don't have a lot of experience with those, but would love to try! I'm hoping I can find some for cheap. I've seen some acans for $300, if i remember correctly? Thanks, I'll keep those in mind. Any tips on they're care?

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Oh, and I love zoas, too! Unfortunately, I seem to have problems keeping them alive in my 75. They thrive in my 20H, but slowly get smaller. I keep trying, though.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Chalices :)

Getting a Frag of this bad boy for $100, anyone who knows what this knows how much of a MAJOR steal that is!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
The more I'm reading about acans, the more I'm liking what I see. Of course, I can't afford the super expensive ones, but maybe one day. Any others, that are cool?

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Yeah, I tried a finger leather, but it deteriorated very quickly, after I bought it. It never polyped out, and died within 4 days, after I bought it. I'm willing to try again, though. I hope to get a purple, blue, or green mushroom, and a couple ricordea. I have red mushrooms, now. I have a colt coral, and I love that thing! It was a tiny one inch frag, and after two or three months, it turned into a big old five or six inch frag. I fragged an arm off of it, bigger than the original frag, about a month ago. He just shrugged it off, and has healed nicely. Good suggestions, all three. Thanks, and keep them coming. I plan to buy at least ten frags, probably more. If I can find a lot of cool coral, I'm willing to spend a couple hundred on $5 frags. I figure, if I buy too many for my 75 gallon, I can put some into my 20H frag tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store