panda cories or adolfoi cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tara777

AC Members
Dec 14, 2010
Hi all !
I have a 55g planted tank with 15 cardinals, 8 serpae and 6 redeye tetras. All doing well in an established tank of course. Now I'm thinking of adding some cories and kind of fell in love with the adolfoi cories (very expensive though) :) Also love the pandas. They kind of look alike. Do you think adding 7 would be too many? Have any of you had any experience with either?

koldsoup

AC Members
Jan 12, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Real Name
Kevin
I think adolfoi look amazing. But yes, they are expensive. What about Sterbai? They're awesome too :D

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Get the ones you love! 7 or even 12 wouldn't be overdoing it IMO. It'd be a really good idea to quarantine if you can. At least make sure they've been at the store & healthy a couple weeks, save some $$ & heartache.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I agree with fishorama! Get the ones you love! And 12 would be a nice little group in there, no issues with that.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Definitely get the ones you like. You will be the one enjoying them. Like the others have said, a group of 12 would be a nice little group. Also, like Fishorama said, QT is always a good idea to save money and heartache. Good luck. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store