75 gallon stocklist. suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AngelFishRock

AC Members
Mar 12, 2011
I have a 75 gallon cycling. I have an aquaclear 110 filter and the substrate is black Tahitian moon sand. I'm planning on doing live plants, probably Anubis, water sprite, java fern and moss balls. I have driftwood in there already. I have my stocklist planned but I want to run it by you guys first.

6 angelfish
2 biotadoma wavrinis (if anyone has care info on these please share)
8 cories (panda and peppered )
1 black ghost knife
and maybe 6 schooling fish that I haven't decided on, I like Harlequin rasboras but I think they may be too small.

Thanks in advance

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
1) 8 Cichlids maybe too much in a 75 gal.
2) The black ghost may starve in that tank.
3) A schooling fish group would look nice.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Black ghost will outgrow a 75, black or brown African knife would be a much better fit. The 6 angels will need to be thinned out after you have an established pair. Silver dollars would look good, not sure whether they'd munch any of the plants though.

AngelFishRock

AC Members
Mar 12, 2011
Black ghost will outgrow a 75, black or brown African knife would be a much better fit. The 6 angels will need to be thinned out after you have an established pair. Silver dollars would look good, not sure whether they'd munch any of the plants though.
I'm kinda attached to my angels. I suppose if they do form a pair I could put them in the 36 gallon I have. How big do the knife fish you mentioned get? I was under the impression that the ghost stayed smaller than the Africans.

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
You could also look into maybe a small group of a rainbow like turquoise or dwarf rainbows, they would be beautiful and active top water fish with your angels

AngelFishRock

AC Members
Mar 12, 2011
You could also look into maybe a small group of a rainbow like turquoise or dwarf rainbows, they would be beautiful and active top water fish with your angels
Thank you I will look into that! I think the rasboras are too small and would eventually be lunch for the angels lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store